EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Security Officer
Domcor Health, Safety & Security (DHSS), is currently requiring Security Officers in Grand Prairie, Alberta
DHSS conducts business across multiple sectors and strive to advance within industry Security, Health & Safety standards. With our core values surrounding our people & clients, we are proud to positively participate in supporting the Big Smokey Project.
Responsibilities of Security will include, but are not limited to:
- Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents while on shift. Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities and be proactive in protective services.
- Provide exceptional, high level customer service to the client in a sometimes challenging and dynamic environment
- Ensure client property, investments and personnel are secure against theft, vandalism, and illegal activity
- Enforce regulations and follow site specific instructions to maintain a safe and secure environment for our clients by patrolling and monitoring premises
- Conduct foot and vehicle patrols not limited to standing, walking, and driving for long periods of time
- Access Control: Permit authorized persons entry to site when required
- Effectively communicate all suspicious activities and concerns to the appropriate supervisors
- Able to work efficiently and effectively both as part of a team or individually
Requirements of Security will include, but are not limited to:
- Valid Alberta Basic Security License (ABST)
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to pass drug & alcohol testing inclusive of THC
- Shifts are generally 12 hours per day: 4 on, 3 off shift or 7 on 7 off. Hours of Work Averaging Agreement in place and is required to work.
- Additional Overtime and / or weekend work may be required
- Fluency to speak, read and write in English
- Confidence with technology (i.e., smart phone, tablet, etc. Security Tracking Software)
- Strong decision-making skills and calm demeanor
Applicants must hold a Class 5 driver’s license and provide a Driver’s Abstract, a CYIM Intervention Check and a Criminal Records Check. An Enhanced Security Clearance must be completed and approved by Lakeshore Regional Police prior to formal offer of employment.
Job Type:Full-time / 4 on 3 off schedule – or Part time hours – Sundays
Salary:$18.00-$22.50 per hour – dependent of experience
Location:Grande Prairie, AB
- Alberta BST – Security License (required) – will support qualified candidates.
- Driver’s License (required)
- WHISMIS 2015 – Can help obtain
- Drug & Alcohol test (required)
- First Aid – Can help obtain
- PCTS – Training – (required) – Can provide support
Please send all applications to Chakshu Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell phone at 250–613-2371
Thank you for everyone who is interested in this position. We are an equal opportunity employer, however only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.