EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Mihtatakaw Sipiy School Bus Drivers
Driftpile Cree Nation Mihtatakaw Sipiy School is currently looking for School Bus Drivers for the 2020/2021 school year. Under the direction of the School Principal, the individual is responsible for safely transporting students on a daily basis to and from school and must be committed to safety and customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely transport Driftpile Cree Nation students daily to School, complying with all traffic ordinances.
- Adhere to COVID 19- Regulations and Protocols
- Willingness to drive out of DCN community when there is a school trip
- Maintaining the bus including daily circle checks, fuel and oil changes.
- Operating a School bus safely and professionally.
- Shows proficiency in handling and maneuvering School bus.
- Driving school bus on assigned routes and other designated trips.
- Be responsible for conduct of students while riding bus.
- Reporting misconduct of students to School Principal.
- Reporting any ill feeling of parents or other adults to the School Principal.
- Reporting any needed route changes.
- Performing inspection of bus prior to each trip taken and completes required report in a timely manner.
- Completes other reports as may be assigned in order to maintain a safe and efficient transportation system.
- Performs other duties as required by School administration.
- Valid Class 1 or 2 Driver’s License with an S endorsement (S & A endorsement training will be provided)
- Clean drivers abstract
- Fluency in Cree is an asset
- CPIC & IRC required
Closing Date:Until a suitable candidate is found
Send cover letter & resumes to:
Shauna Willier, Human Resources Manager
Box 30, Driftpile, AB T0G 0V0
Fax: (780) 355-3650
** Please be advised only suitable applicants will be notified **