EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: LSLIRC Director of Health
Lesser Slave Lake Indian Regional Council (LSLIRC) is seeking a Director of Health to join our organization in a full-time permanent position.
We are looking for a dynamic and trusted, experienced and knowledgeable Director of Health to support the LSLIRC Member Nations, manage the various Health initiatives and provide oversight to the delivery team. The Director of Health will adhere to the vision of community leadership and work under the supervision of the Executive Director to ensure delivery respects on and off reserve priorities. The Director of Health must possess knowledge of the health and wellness challenges and opportunities specific to each of its member First Nations by working closely with First Nation Health Staff.
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, organizing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating health and wellness programs and services, incorporating input from Leadership, Community, and other health professionals.
- Have in depth knowledge of Health/Social Policy issues, Health Promotion and Community Development principles.
- Prepare work plans, reports and proposals.
- Advocate for the health and wellness needs of LSLIRC’s member communities.
- Ensure programs and services are in compliance with legislation and organizational policy, processes and procedures.
- Ensure financial management of programs and services occurs and proactively seek out diverse funding sources to sustain health and wellness programs, including grants and other funding opportunities.
- Conduct on going and formal performance evaluations.
- Be a skilled communicator with the interpersonal and leadership abilities needed to supervise various health departments.
- Lead and provide day-to-day supervision of health teams, staff, and contractors. Foster a cooperative and collaborative working environment through team meetings and personal leadership.
- Develop plans, proposals, and agreements under the direction of Leadership to help build healthy communities and individuals.
- Proactively build and nurture collaborative and respectful working relationships with First Nations Inuit Health Branch, various Tribal Councils and Representatives, and government agencies.
- Possess a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to First Nations health and wellness.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience and knowledge of First Nations Inuit Health Branch, Indigenous community’s health and wellness strengths and challenges, and provincial and federal health systems, policies, programs, and strategies.
- Experience in strategic planning and evaluation; supervision of employees; proposal development; managing funding contracts; developing/analyzing policies and procedures; and managing basic and advanced administrative functions.
- Experience in the development of culturally relevant and safe programs and services, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in a non-profit, community based First Nation organization.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications Including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related computer software;
- Innovative and strategic thinker, with strong collaboration, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of the Cree Language considered an asset.
- Degree in a health or social science-related discipline. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience of direct management experience, including human resources, finance, strategic visioning, innovation, and change management.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel frequently.
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Sucker Creek LSLIRC sub office.
Commensurate with experience.
May 25th, 2021 at 4:30PM
Send cover letter & resumes to:
Executive Director, LSLIRC
P.O. Box 269
Slave Lake, Alberta, TOG 2AO
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted. **