EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Indigenous Education Coach K-12
High Prairie School Division is inviting applications for an Indigenous Education Coach in the Slave Lake area. This position’s primary goal is to facilitate universal education to all students and staff to build a deeper understanding of our Canadian history, inclusive of Indigenous culture, perspectives, treaties, land agreements, the legacy of residential schools, and Indigenous peoples’ contributions in shaping our Canadian identity. This position is Full-Time, Monday to Friday. Starting salary $57,878.00/annually depending upon experience and education.
Support the goals of the High Prairie School Division in all aspects, including but not limited to:
- Work with stakeholders to provide a safe and inviting school environment for Indigenous students and Indigenous community members,
- Work to enhance relationships with education officials from local First Nations and Metis settlements,
- Work within the school and community to promote school success for all students,
- Provide cultural awareness for school staff and administration and students, through monthly PD sessions
- Ensure the consistent and regular involvement of community Elders and other cultural mentors in the daily life of the school,
- Promote and lead curricular and extracurricular activities to engage Indigenous students,
- Seek out community-based and external agencies and opportunities for students and staff to engage Indigenous students,
- Support teachers with an infusion of Indigenous worldview in their curricula.
- Make public presentations to school and community members on a wide array of topics related to local and regional Indigenous history,
- Work with students to strengthen student-school-parent relationships,
- Gather and report on data collection as requested by the supervisor, and
- Attend duties as requested by the supervisor
- Ability to speak Cree will be considered an asset.
- First-hand knowledge and experience of local Indigenous culture is an asset.
- Valid, clean driver’s license will be required as well as Criminal Records check.
This individual will support teachers directly in the classroom with authentic, accurate and respectful content. They will facilitate monthly staff professional development sessions. They must possess the ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as with all school staff.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. We thank all applicants, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a cover Letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Diane Bellerose, Indigenous Education Coach Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Box 870, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0, Attn: Diane Bellerose.