EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Family Enhancement Worker
Family Enhancement Worker
Director of Social Development
The Family Enhancement Worker position is full time and reports to the Director of Social Development with Driftpile Cree Nation (DCN). The successful candidate will provide in home support services to families in a variety of ways that will meet the needs of the clients and members of our Nation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with all types of forms/applications etc.
- Connecting members to other resources both in and outside the community,
- Work with families in a variety capacity that will be preventive of children services involvement.
- Will also work with families that have involvement with children services.
- Work closely with young adults and youth that are aging out of programs,
- Provide life skills training to the clientele.
- Work closely with all departments within the DPCN Community.
- Diploma or degree in social work
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience related to community social work, working with families or community members at large
- Knowledge of DCN policies and programs
- Experience in Project Management
- The ability to lead, work effectively and collaboratively as a team member
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spread sheets, internet access, data base systems, computer data entry and retrieval, and/or computer knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication/organizational skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders and related services and other agencies/departments
- Must demonstrate knowledge of social issues DCN families and community members face.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Periodic travel is anticipated, access to a reliable vehicle, willing to work flexible hours
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract
- Fluency in Cree is an asset
- CPIC & IRC to be submitted with Resume
Closing Date: Midnight, April 20, 2022
Send cover letter and resumes to:
Driftpile Cree Nation
Sheila Collins, Human Resources
Questions may be forwarded to: Karen Cunningham, Social Development Director at email@example.com
**Please be advised only suitable applicants will be notified**