EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Chief Administrative Officer
Chief Administrative Officer
Governance and Administration
Chief and Council
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is the most senior civil servant within the Driftpile Cree Nation and serves as the liaison between the law making and the administrative branches of government of the Driftpile Cree Nation.
The Chief Administrative Officer reports directly to the Chief and Council and is expected to be able to simultaneously carry out numerous tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Providing instructional leadership to department managers and directors;
- Assisting the Chief and Council in business planning and the establishment and implementation of objectives, priorities, and strategic plans;
- Reviewing administrative policy;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of program budgets;
- Working collaboratively with key finance personnel in preparing financial reports;
- Overseeing all financial transactions and ensuring that appropriate systems are in place to provide budgetary control and financial accountability to Chief and Council;
- Make proactive recommendations to Chief and Council on the need for certain policies or laws; and
- Ensure existing policies and laws enacted by the Chief and Council are implemented and enforced.
The responsibilities outlined above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the CAO position. In addition to the duties listed above the CAO is expected to undertake and perform any task reasonably associated with the position of a CAO having regard for the circumstances of the Nation.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
The successful applicant will be an experienced leader who enjoys challenge and demonstrates integrity and professionalism.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has a university degree or diploma in Business Administration, Management, or Public Administration; and
- Has a minimum of 3 years of related CAO or management experience; or
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma with at least 5 years of related management experience;
- This position requires exemplary interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of staff within the Nation and across the organization.
- Ability to understand and Cree would be considered an asset.
- Applicants invited for interview must first provide clear Vulnerable Sectors Checks and proof that a Child Welfare Information Systems check has been initiated.
Salary will commensurate with Education and Experience.
Group Benefits Plan available.
Applications including a resume and compelling cover letter detailing how your experience matches the Nation’s best interests should be emailed to be received on or before 12 noon on March 25th, 2022.
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: March 25th, 2022
Send cover letter & resumes to:
Driftpile Cree Nation, Human Resources Manager
** Please be advised only suitable applicants will be notified **